Friday 10 December 2010

Saatchi Gallery Best Of















I had a day off today. I was going to watch Tron Legacy in 3D but got my dates muddled up. Like a moron. So I took myself off to the Saatchi Gallery instead. I had never been before, but watched that School of Saatchi programme a while back on the telly.

So, I think there's some really great stuff in there. And of course some not so great stuff. It seems to me that to get into the gallery you need 'impact', pure and simple. I'm probably stating the obvious really, but to me modern art is all about different degrees of visual impact. And of course, I want the 'how did they think of that' factor thrown in.

Here are some of the best bits (in my humble opinion). My personal favourite was the dead insects being ridden and fought by tiny little skeletons. Some might think it's a bit 'Games Workshop' but I think the attention to detail, imagination and workmanship that's clearly gone into it is superb (click on the bottom picture then enlarge it further to see what I mean). It's called 'Swarm' and is by a lady called Tessa Farmer. My second favourite was the oil room - just so simple and clean to look at.

Hope you enjoy the photos and therefore don't have to trek over there and dodge the Chelsea tractors.































































































1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome pics...and far more worthwhile than Tron!