Wednesday 17 February 2010

Snes Fest

So I'm a self-confessed Nintendo nut. Sad but true. And I can't resist anything SNES. I've got a PS3 and a Wii but I keep going back to the golden SNES era...a time when they didn't rely on fancy graphics etc to make decent games.

Just before I got a job in advertising, coming up to 5 years ago now, I sold my SNES collection...console and about 60 games, many rare. Gotta pay the bills right? Gutting...and of course I got a job about 2 weeks later.

So now finally I've started buying it all again, scouring ebay like a maniac trying to grow my collection once more. I've got quite a few on the Wii's Virtual Console, but its not the same as actally having the original cartridge.

Now I can't stop. I have to have all the games I had before, and more. All the rare ones, which can be quite pricey.

This is the Daddy - Chrono Trigger. It can sell for up to £1000.














One I have managed to get my hands on again is The Secret of Mana. I'm going to start playing that soon.

Anyway, must go and buy more...I mean write some scripts....

Oh and if anyone has any old snes games kicking about in their loft I'll gladly give them a new home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/02/ebay_nintendo_and_5_games_sell.php

no SNES, but an expensive NES game.

Ferris said...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stadium-Events-pal-box-and-manual_W0QQitemZ150414891830QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Vintage_Video_Games?hash=item23056d1b36

Advertising said...

I have some spares (I bought a SNES again off Ebay and it came with some games that I already had from my original one).

They're un-boxed, by the way, does that bother you?
Guy.

Ferris said...

Nice. I'm good with unboxed Guy.

I will gladly take them off your hands! What are the titles then? Mmmmm snes...