Tuesday 1 December 2009

Avatar surely below par

Is it just me or does James Cameron's 'amazing' new movie Avatar look like a big pile of steaming crap??? Am I the only one who thinks this? The whole world seems to be going crazy for it.



















I hate CGi anyway so maybe I'm biased, but it kind of looks like a new Star Wars Phantom Menace...on acid.



And 'avatars'?! Please. So 2004. What's next Second Life the Movie??? The Sims 3D??? It's definitely one of those ones where when James Cameron first thought of it, funnily enough in 2004-ish, it was the big new thing...of course now the whole avatar concept is so dated.

Don't even get me started on the font...like a crap new-age rainforest cafe logo or something. And to make matters worse a huge new advertising campaign across 5 billboards is being put up outside my office window. It's got 3D rocks and crazy flying metal birds coming out of it.

I weep for the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'...on acid'

so 1991

Advertising said...

I agree about the typeface. It does look like the budget ran out and they just used whatever Photoshop had.

Also, why put Titanic on there? Surely either one of the Terminators, The Abyss or Aliens would be more suitable?

However, the film is supposed to be amazing in 3D.
Guy.