Monday 21 July 2008

What is all this goddamn stuff?

There's so much out there attempting to hitch a ride on the 'branded entertainment' bandwagon. Most of us have become desensitized about what we're prepared to watch/like. For me, the criteria is: it has to be original and surprising...and probably, but not always, funny. I'm not suggesting these ads are the best ever, I just really like them - the sort of things I'll look at now and again to remind myself why I came into the industry. These videos aren't even new though Pete's sake! In fact the last 3 are just old tv ads, not even virals...

There's no point banging on about it, let's get to the action! Here are some of the things that I've saved on my computer, for that folks is my selection process.

First up are the Mac's viral films from Canada. I don't often get that 'I wish I'd done that, oh my God I'm so depressed that I didn't' feeling. But 'Hose Leg'...I just can't explain why I love it so much. Just amazing. If I had to pick the best thing about it, it'd be the muttering for sure.



Also in this seemingly endless 'yeah guys, just do anything you want, indulge yourselves, we don't care' series are these couple of beauts:





Might as well stick these 2 monsters up while I'm at it, both exceptional.






And then this. I'm a sucker for long, slightly complicated but hilarious endlines, and this one has got to be the 'mother' of them all.



And there you have it. Another extremely poorly constructed post that seemed like it was going somewhere interesting, but that actually just ends without wrapping things up properly in a tepid, anti-climatic puff.

No comments: