Sunday 22 March 2009

Reunited with Ronald McDonald Pillow Case













Incredible. At my parent's house this weekend, my mum pulled this out from somewhere - a Ronald McDonald (and questionable gang) pillowcase that I had given to me as a baby in Hong Kong in 1979. In 1979 this was an acceptable gift for a new-born baby!













In those days, I guess McDonald's was seen as just a bit of fun...this guy below though does freak me out a bit. Such a weird design.













But, the most baffling member of 'the gang' is this dude...I don't remember ever seeing him. He's not even 'a bit of fun', more of a freaky pervy boffin. Well weird.













Which segways nicely into this creepy chap, the infamous Captain Crook. Could he be any darker? Horrific. I'm now on a mission to find out more about the people who created these characters...I might try and get Louis Theroux to find out more. Watch this space.

1 comment:

Rini in TX said...

Great find. You have (in order shown) Ronald, the Hamburglar, Mayor McCheese, The Professor, and Captain Crook.
Treasure it or Ebay it :)